[Ansteorra] Warlord Thank Yous...the beginning

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 10:26:18 PDT 2008

Good friends,

Warlord XXXV has come and gone. It was hot. It was humid. It was amazing. This was my first experience as an autocrat. I know that I am going to miss a lot of folks and hope that the rest of my team will add the names that I have forgotten or omitted.

Warlord cannot happen without the help of dozens of people. Every year we are blessed with an abundance of gentles who take time out of their event to volunteer to do something...anything. This year, with the oppressive heat, I was amazed that we still had people coming out of the woodwork to work under brutal conditions. Words of thanks are not enough, but all I can offer at this time.

First of all, the department heads...Sir Hrafn, Lady Annwyn, Lady Elinor, Lord Faelen, Balatar, Barb, HL Chiara, Sir Lasguaard, Don Ingwe, Lady Vivianne, Klara, Mistress Serena, Lady Vyolante, Sir Morgan, Merewyn. You were amazing! In a time when it seems to be more and more difficult to get people to be willing to be in charge of anything....Thank you for stepping up to the plate and/or for agreeing when asked. Our Barony would be lost without you.

A blanket thank you to all who volunteered as waterbearers and marshals. I don't know many of you, but there are some I see frequently at various events. Your commitment to serve is a credit to our organization. I lift a glass and toast your spirit in supporting this wonderful game we play.

Individuals that must be recognized:

The load-out crew:

HL Margarite, HL Alasdair, Lady Elinor, Erik, HE Katherine, Alexander, Lady Vivianne, Sir Morgan, Sir Hrafn, HE Borek, Sir Lasguaard, Centurion Damon, Lady Megan, Don Duncan Hepburn, Mistress Genevieve.

List Field Set up:

Sir Hrafn, Lady Maggie, HE Robin, Lord Erik, Lord Giovanni, Lord Milo le Roux and his sons Connor and Roland, HL Fiacha, Reese

Hall set up:

HE Gunthar, Lady Elizabeth, Lady Regan, Mistress Genevieve...(I'm sure there are more I don't have, for this list.)

List mistresses:

HL Margarite, Duchess Valeria, Lady Maeva, Mistress Genevieve

Water bearing:

Lady Elinor, Lord Erik, Luna, James Mason, (again, I know there must be more)

Prize Baskets:

Lady Regan, Lady Vyolante, Katie

Prize basket donations:

Constance, Ulliach, Mistress Kalida, Lord Faelan, Lady Micola, Don Alaric, Duchess Willow, Aairn, Giovanni, Christiana, HL Susanna the Herbalist

Carrying the Prize baskets to the hall:

Robin, Miles, Christopher

Gate: Many of these gentles worked more than one shift!

Archery: Sir Lasguaard, HL Katya, HE Ulf, Don Sebastian

Alexander, Fiona, Don Robin, Mistress Serena, HL Amra, Lessa, HL Susanna the Herbalist, Christianna, HE Mistress Rhiannon, Constance, and most notably, Beah, who just moved here from An Tir and drove out from Frisco to work her very late night gate shift, knowing that she could not stay for the event, but honoring her commitment.

Hall tear down...Mostly the 'usual suspects' and I didn't get all the names. I do want to mention two that stand out, however. Dáre Kierasohn and Jevon O'Deah, who moved chairs and tables like nobody's business. I thank Her Excellency Katherine and His Majesty for recognizing Dáre, in particular in Court. This is a young man to watch, as His Majesty noted.

Their Majesties, Aaron and Vanessa who inspire me with their presence and words.

My Lord and Husband, Sir Lasguaard Aglanar, the Red Fox deserves more than thanks for putting up with me and taking care of me throughout this experience. In addition to taking care of me, he was putting on his first archery tournament as our Baronial Archery Marshal....and he did a bang up job! Truly, you are my knight in shining armor.

Thanks also to HL Alasdair for being Camp Mom for the autocrats. It's a brave man who is willing to put up with three hot, tired, grouchy women, cooking and keeping an eye on us all, as well as his three youngsters.

I would like to thank my sister autocrats whose guidance and friendship mean more than words can express. Thank you HL Katya and HL Margarite.

Lastly, I would like to thank Her Excellency Katheryn Cunningghame, for granting me the opportunity to serve in this capacity, and for inspiring me to step outside the box of experience in order to grow and serve.

I am certain that there are more people who's names or titles I didn't get or wasn't made aware of. My poor feeble mind is still muddled and very over taxed. I apologize for those omissions. I can assure you, they are not intentional. Please feel free to add to the list. I would be grateful if you did.

In Service to The Steppes, Ansteorra, and the Dream,

Lady Lyneya de Grey
co-autocrat, Warlord XXXV

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich