[Ansteorra] A knighted van?

Matthias the Brewer matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Thu May 8 13:22:41 PDT 2008

Sounds like typical politics to me...

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of John Atkinson
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 3:21 PM
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] A knighted van?

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Anthony N. Emmel <lord_kjeran at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>  Ah, but yor grace, did not Caligua make a Senator out of his favorite
> horse?  Seems like a somewhat period thing to do! ;)

He also exiled his mother, executed wealthy subjects without trial in order
to confiscate their assets after his gross mismanagement caused a fiscal
crisis, dedicated temples to himself, prostituted his sisters, feuded with
the Senate, and was eventually assassinated by his own bodyguards.

Ioannes Dalassenos
--
"Thousands of Sarmatians, Thousands of Franks, we've slain them again and
again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."