[Ansteorra] Lysts: How to get the most out of Lysts at Castleton

Sir Giotto di Giovanni sirgiotto at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:53:21 PDT 2008

Lysts at Castleton III will be an event like you've never experienced
before.  So, I thought I'd jot a few notes on some things you could
bring to make your day even more enjoyable.

A comfortable chair.  While you are encouraged to spend time visiting
with all your friends, you can see all the competitions, bardic,
courts and pagentry right from your seat.  You might be tempted to not
get up all day.

Food to share.  Courtesy tables will be at the back of each of the
galleries.  We will provide some snacks for you to munch on during the
day.  When it comes to food though, the more the merrier.  Bring along
some of your favorites to put on the table to share with your gallery
companions.  It's a great way to make new friends and show that
Ansteorran generosity.

Feast reservations.  Feast will be served right on the list field.
Enjoy a delicious meal before evening court and help the Longship
Company raise money for their latest project.  Reservations should be
made before May 26th.  Send requests to feast at lysts.swordworks.org or
call 281-433-0347.

Largess and favors.  The gallery is encouraged to interact with the
competitors.  Show them you enjoyed their feats, courtesy, chivalry,
houmor and skill by presenting a little personal something.

Flags, signs, pom-poms.  Anything to show your favorite fighter,
herald, or performer that you're rooting for them.  Be creative, have
fun.

Period pavilion.  This is not something you're required to bring but
we could sure use it if you're willing to let us borrow it.

Sense of fun and adventure.  This event is for you.  There will be
competitions and performances but it is your participation that makes
this event the joy that it is.

We're going to have a blast,

Sir Giotto
Lysts Steward

--
We are knights. We are professional killers constrained by a code of
conduct that turns murder into both art and service. -- Duke Cuán