[Ansteorra] History and dogs

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Mon May 19 16:38:31 PDT 2008

I have read a similar story to my children at school but not at the current
school I am teaching. I wish I could remember the book. I think it was
Gerhart.

In a message dated 5/19/2008 4:32:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

On May  19, 2008, at 8:55 PM, willowdewisp at juno.com wrote:

> We talked about  giving dogs awards in the middle ages some people
> made one a  saint
> willow
>> From a period source St. somebody's words not  mine.
> 370. The sixth thing to say is about insulting superstitions,  some
> of which are insulting to God, others to man. The  superstitions
> which attribute divine honors to demons or any  other creature
> insult God. Idolatry is one example, or when  wretched women
> sorcerers seek salvation through the adoration  of saddles (sambuca)
> to which they make offerings, through the  condemnation of churches
> and relics of the saints, through  carrying their children to ant-
> hills or other places in search of  healing.

Here is another bit of info about a period dog. I'm not  sure if this
is the same story or not.

Guinefort-art   (16K)  8/30/06    "Guinefort: The Sainted Dog  of
France" by
Mevanwy verch Tuder de
Courtecadeno.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ANIMALS/Guinefort-art.html

Stefan
--------
THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of  Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris         Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files  at:  http://www.florilegium.org ****

Donnel

Faith is believing what the eyes cannot see. ~~~~Michael of  Langley

favorites at AOL Food.