[Ansteorra] Fools at Warlord explaination

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue May 20 00:11:36 PDT 2008

Greetings from Mistress Willow OL
Yes, I am a Laurel and I told you to wear things that would be OK at a Ren Faire. I have just come from Scarborough Faire and I saw most of the participants wearing very good clothes.
Yes, they were bright and showy but they followed the Renaissance concept of Masque clothing. in period.
People dressed up at tournaments. The King of England rode in a tournament as the Pope and the Black Prince and his other knights as Cardinals. Some people blamed the Black Plague on the fact the King of England was planning on him and his knights being the seven deadly sins. Kings and Lords wore really fancy costumes.
Xian and Papillion are poor fools so while they would like to make fun of the nobles fancy dress they just don't have the funds. We would have a bunch of rag tail people with us. Papilion would love to have elegant ladies with perfect butterfly wings and everyone in matching livery but he isn't going to get it. Oh yes a snow white horse.
I am sure Xian would love a Chinese dragon and many steamers and parasols  but I doubt she will get them.
We will have to make do with the pretties you good people can find in your closets.
While I don't want to be a wet blanket please do remember I am a Laurel and the Conan the barbarian look meant be too much for me or Bozo the Clown but I would find pig bladders or fairies or devils  to be OK. Also remember this is PG rated so please leave the rude man of Wessex at home along with some other funny and period not PG things.
If you have any question please write . I will be writing something up tomorrow with examples.
willow de wisp