[Ansteorra] Janet of House Morningstar, R. I. P.

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu May 22 18:42:24 PDT 2008

The death message is shattering.
We both are driven to our  knees.
Mistress Janet' and Master Telbryne were among our earliest friends,  always
educating and sharing.
There was never a time we reunioned that she  did not have much to impart.
Our actual first tournament event to attend "in"  Ansteorra (after having
traveled to Memphis, TN for our first fighting event  ever, 1976), was
Telbryne and Janet's wedding, at a beach home in Coastal,  before it was
"called" Coastal.
They were jovial and welcoming to us  newbies. The four of us became lasting
friends and made many journies  together.

Numerous threads in the tapestries of our SCA experiences are  woven with
Janet's and Telbryne's who together personally assisted  Bordermarch as a
developing shire by often attending and supporting events in  Bordermarch,
sharing knowledge.

The first time Ansteorrans went to war  clothed in gold war tabards with the
black star design, Janet 'made many of  those tabards along with Nerak and
Mellusine for 1979 Burrow Creek War in  Arizona. Janet' and Telbryne were two
among the ten Ansteorran warriors  dressed out in those fine bright,
intimidating gold war tabards.
Also, her  leather-working skills were freely shared. She worked designs into
a little  belt for our firstborn son Kyrkwood when he was a toddler. Over the
years,  Janet' shared much about garment history. Only two weekends ago I
purchased  two more garb booklets from her wares while we visited at length.

Janet'  was instrumental in earliest equestrian endeavors, being one of the
first few  females to participate in those activities at events, and it is no
small  surprise that on even this dawn, the day of her passing some 12 or so
hours  ago now, she is the current Equestrian Champion of the Loch.

Our deep  condolences are extended to her dearest family and friends,
With  love,
Tessa & Simonn

Posted as requested

Donnel

Faith is believing what the eyes cannot see. ~~~~Michael of  Langley

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.