[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord 35

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 15:59:13 PDT 2008

--- Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also, of mention is the additional embellishment of
> beautiful needlework that was done to the Queen's cloak, as
mentioned
> by HL Rixende in the Steppes Court, of several skilled needleworks
> hands from the Steppes/Elfsea area.  It was lovely work.

I would also highlight the work of the ladies who created the
replacement Warlord fighting tunic, presented in morning court so
that our retiring Warlord, Sior Tomas, could wear it for the
tournament.  While they appreciate the beautiful hand-embroidered
court tunic, the Warlords had sorely missed having a tunic they could
fight in, sweat in, and then throw in the washing machine!  The old
Warlord fighting tunic, 20 years old this year, has been honorably
retired.

As well, recognition goes to Don Alaric for his quick work in
refurbishing the Warlord sword in time for the event.  It was in
pieces, and now looks fabulous with its new amber pommel.

--Serena