[Ansteorra] A toast to a group of people who continue to impress me

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Mon Nov 17 07:36:00 PST 2008

I wanted to repeat the toast I made at the feast of Queen's Champion. that
all of Ansteorra may know of these people.

When you look up to the thrones at Court, you see the Queen and King in all
their finery, their champions and herald.  But you also see two banners
flying in the wind, held and supported by two of the cadets.  All the
cadets throughout the kingdom take their turn at supporting the royal
banners.

This is not a task given them by their dons and donas, or by the Queen.  It
is a burden they choose to accept, and have accepted for many years, in
their zeal to serve Ansteorra.

No cadets or students in any other kingdom have ever done this.  There is
no equivalent deed performed by the squires, apprentices, proteges, or any
other students.

I have heard knights jealous of (some of) the cadet pranks.

Truly the like of the Ansteorran cadets cannot be found anywhere else in
the Known World.

Thank you for your zeal, courage, joy and willingness to do more for
Ansteorra than you have been asked to do.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin