[Ansteorra] MOC requests at BAM

Miss M Brow starstruck503 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:35:18 PST 2008

I think a booklet/handout on children's games would be a *valuable* document for our society to have.  If there is anything I can do to assist you in bringing it about, please let me know.  I am not a MoC, but I can't imagine a MoC *not* wanting this information.   As for the two games you mentioned, I for one would like to see our manly men hopping on one leg, and bubble-catching sounds like ti could be great fun for a balmy day ;)   Rua> To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:45:55 -0500> From: deboramarzec at aol.com> Subject: [Ansteorra] MOC requests at BAM> > Hello all, > > While at BAM this past weekend I had a few MOC come into the Game Pavilion requesting information on suitable, or different, period games for children. Whilst this isn't specifically my area I have obviously come across much information during the course of my research. Therefore, I'm thinking of creating a small booklet/handout if there is enough demand. Otherwise I'm happy to give individual answers.> > Many medieval adult active 'games'?could be reclassified for children. I cannot see the fighters having a competition to see who can hop on one leg the longest while in armor, but this manly period pastime can easily be adapted into a children's game which would tire?youngsters out a little in preparation for quieter activities.> > Another example is bubble catching. The idea is one person blows the bubbles; the others try to catch one on?their pillows and safely carry it back to the 'blower' where if successful they receive a prize, (or perhaps a kiss if played by adults as was done in period).> > Let me know.> > Debora of Durham.> _______________________________________________> Ansteorra mailing list> Ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org