[Ansteorra] SF86: aliases

Peter Schorn peterschorn at pdq.net
Mon Nov 24 18:14:48 PST 2008

>From: "Jean Paul de Sens" <jeanpauldesens at gmail.com>
>Subject: [Ansteorra] Question for anyone who's got Security Clearance

>Hey, anyone here ever filled out the SF-86 security clearance form?  If so,
>did you list your SCA name as an alias?  I could use some guidance on this
>if have some.

I didn't, and I never had a problem with it.

Now, if you've ever used your SCA name on court documents, business
contracts, marriage licenses, etc., I'd say, yeah, go ahead and list it.

But if you *have* used your SCA name that way, I'm kinda wondering whether
you should be getting a clearance in the first place. ;-)

And someone else can tell the story of the lady from Stargate who changed
her legal name to a Vulcan one--which I think was pretty damned sporting of
her. Nowadays people just inflict silly fantasy monikers on their helpless
progeny, instead of having the guts to change their own names(there's a
unique flavor of surreality to hearing someone shouting for "AYESHA!" in a
Wal-Mart at 9:00 on Tuesday night).

--Cadfn ap Morgan Godrudd (What?  What?  It's a *perfectly* good name...)