[Ansteorra] SF86: aliases

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:52:00 PST 2008

Caveat:

I didn't give the investigator much to work with.  Recent Periodic
Review for a TS/SCI which is still in progress.  By recent, I mean
"last month".  Since many of my recent references were in Iraq, and my
former unit cased its colors and the kaserne closed, he started asking
about hobbies or other groups of people that I associate with on a
regular basis.  Enter the SCA.

So he asks for some references in the SCA.  My first words are, "Well,
I've been going to beginning fighter practice with Sir G. . . you need
legal names, don't you?"  Frantic phone calls and emails produced
legal names and addresses for a couple folks to list.

I only had to provide my Society name because if someone calls people
who know me through the Society asking for "John Atkinson" they may or
may not get anything useful.

Ioannes

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Peter Schorn <peterschorn at pdq.net> wrote:
>>From: "Jean Paul de Sens" <jeanpauldesens at gmail.com>
>>Subject: [Ansteorra] Question for anyone who's got Security Clearance
>
>>Hey, anyone here ever filled out the SF-86 security clearance form?  If so,
>>did you list your SCA name as an alias?  I could use some guidance on this
>>if have some.
>
> I didn't, and I never had a problem with it.
>
> Now, if you've ever used your SCA name on court documents, business
> contracts, marriage licenses, etc., I'd say, yeah, go ahead and list it.
>
> But if you *have* used your SCA name that way, I'm kinda wondering whether
> you should be getting a clearance in the first place. ;-)
>
> And someone else can tell the story of the lady from Stargate who changed
> her legal name to a Vulcan one--which I think was pretty damned sporting of
> her. Nowadays people just inflict silly fantasy monikers on their helpless
> progeny, instead of having the guts to change their own names(there's a
> unique flavor of surreality to hearing someone shouting for "AYESHA!" in a
> Wal-Mart at 9:00 on Tuesday night).
>
> --Cadfn ap Morgan Godrudd (What?  What?  It's a *perfectly* good name...)

--Vita Aureliani