[Ansteorra] First 12 th night

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun Nov 30 22:12:41 PST 2008

Dear folks
I was going through my old newsletters and I found the Palintir , that was the old Steppes newsletter, that talked about the first 12Th night held in the Steppes. In those days the area of Steppes and Elfsea was one group. Lord Koris and his Lady Leah were the Autocrate. We held it in Arlington.
This was the first feast that the group put on. We decorated with crepe paper and served Turkey. Katherine de la Coucey and myself put on a scene from the modern play, "Mary Queen of Scots". I played Elizabeth and she played Queen Mary.
It was many peoples first event. My father, Red Dog Mackenzie had gone out and had invited people off the street. He found Lady Isabel of the Towers that way. He had gotten everyone in costumes so we didn't find out that it was their first event until years latter.
We didn't have any nobles so we didn't have a court. Lord Koris had planned non stop entertainment and we toasted and sang. We had a wonderful time.  We were all excited and could not wait to start planning the next year.
In those days we had a friendly competition going among the Steppes autocrats to see if we could make each event better than the last.
I don't know if this was the first 12Th night because I think Stargate might of had something. I am looking for the newsletter with the news report on the event. if I find it I will put it on the list.
willow