[Ansteorra] ISO...

Mike Andrews W5EGO mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Oct 9 04:29:10 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 04:38:50AM -0500, John Atkinson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Fiona the Needleworker
> <danab-steppes at tx.rr.com> wrote:
> > *laughs* I have to concur. I think that indeed will happen and you will then
> > get more and more of the military members joining the SCA. What a wonderful
> > way to take out aggressions and have a grand time, yes?
>
> Yeah, Coenred sold me on the SCA.  Pretty much had me at "beat people
> with sticks".  He's an effective recruiter.  :)

Get someone to tell you the stories about Duke Vissevald in Basic and
in AIT, then.

"OK, Private, hit me with that there pugil stick."
  "Yessir." <*Thwack!*><instructor goes down hard>
and it only gets better from there.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO