[Ansteorra] Ike

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 17:33:54 PDT 2008

Greetings,
There are two events planned for this weekend, that are potentially in the path of this storm:
- Laurels Prize Tourney, to be held near Three Rivers, north of Corpus.
- Jagermeister, to be held in the Seguin area, east of San Antonio.
I'm sure officers are evaluating the storms affects and will post updates as decisions are made.

The best forecast service for Hurricane tracking I've found is NOAA:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

On it's current track, the storm will head in at Seadrift, south of Victoria, around late Friday night, early Sat. morning, and will be at San Antonio at 2pm on Saturday.

Subject to change without notice, Corpus (Seawinds) appears to be currently on the clean side, but Seguin maybe in the pathway, as Ike heads inland.  Much depends on the affect the cold front coming down and the High in the midwest have on the direction the storm takes.

Won't know for sure till sometime Wedn mid-afternoon.
Cross your fingers but prepare.

Cheers, Hillary
(raised in Seawinds, living in Stargate since university)