[Ansteorra] Something totally different - Banners

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 09:46:27 PDT 2008

After seeing the magnificent display of banners at Pennsic
in camps such as Atenveldt Royal and Strawberry Fields,
we've been inspired to have such for Ansteorra.

Silk Banner painting is really catching on and they add so
much to an event.

We would love to see several very large silk banners
created for the Royal Pavillion and the Ansteorra Gate
for Gulf Wars. Something like 20' on a 30' or 40' banner
pole.

Would there be any interest in groups making some?

We are also working on having the territorial Barons
and Baronesses walk in the Opening Ceremony procession.
This would just be the B&B's and a standard bearer so
this is another great opportunity for heraldic display.

Yers,

Gunthar and Elizabeth