[Ansteorra] OT:Gas Prices going up thanks to IKE

Samantha Smith sasmith0 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:52:04 PDT 2008

Welllll... while I am the last person to defend the oil companies, the
refineries all along the coast are going to be stopping production during
the storm at the very least. If they're producing no gasoline, there is a
smaller supply of the stuff, and when supply goes down and demand goes up,
prices do rise.

Doesn't make it a nice thing to do, but it's not as unreasonable as it might
appear.

Sophie (who feels ucky defending 'em, believe me)