[Ansteorra] Gas Prices/Gouging

John Yates valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 11:53:15 PDT 2008

   Texas laws will undoubtedly vary, but I just checked with the Oklahoma Attorney General's press office to check my memory of Oklahoma's anti-gouging statutes.

   As it was indictaed to me, in a declared state of emergency, the price of essential goods and services cannot be raised more than 10% above what it was prior to the emergency declaration.

   In Oklahoma, Governor Henry has already made an emergency declaration, which to my understanding is a way to get federal assistance for evacuees who may come to Oklahoma. Thus, it should follow that the anti-gouging law kicks in with the emergency declaration.

   I have a call in to one of the Gov's spokesmen to try and make certain.

Val