[Ansteorra] IKE

Martha Elliff polera001 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 13:19:31 PDT 2008

That really depends on where in those areas you are.  On the SFA campus in Nacogdoches the Free Speech Area looks like bombs went off.  There are trees and parts of trees everywhere.  The campus kept electricity and no buildings where damaged so we'll be business as usual on Tuesday.

In Woodville, they're forecasting that the outlying areas wont get electricity for about 3 weeks even though it wasn't as hard hit as it was with Rita.  Actually, that's probably because there just weren't so many trees to blow down this time.
Beaumont is requesting that people don't come back for a couple of weeks because they just can't support a full population.  Most areas are lacking potable water and sewage as well as electricity.  Orange County pretty well flooded.

Some friends in Houston say that there are trees down and some shingles missing but that it wasn't as bad there as it could have been.

  -Rose