[Ansteorra] Two whats worth?

Mike Andrews W5EGO mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Mon Sep 15 07:10:13 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 07:47:45PM -0500, Giertrud Gyldenstierne wrote:
> Okay...
> my two WHAT worth?  I have a Dano-Norwegian persona (born Norway but grew up
> in Denmark...)
>
> The Krone existed as a unit of account (DKA) as early as 1513 with 1 Gulden
> equal to 3 Krone, 24 Marks or 128 Skillings. The Rigsdaler Courant (DKC)
> became the principal coin of the realm in 1544, though there were several
> monetary systems based on the Rigsdaler. In general the Ducat was divisible
> into 2 Rigsdaler, 3 Krone, 12 Mark, 96 Stuyver, 192 Skilling Danske, 384
> Fyrk, 576 Hvid or 2304 Pfennig until 1813.
>
> So what do I say?

Depends on when you are in the timeline. I'm not well-versed in the
numismatic history of Scandinavia, but do have a little knowledge,
more directed towards 900-1200 AD than other eras. So, then when are
you?

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO