[Ansteorra] Song to learn for Hunter's Moon

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Sep 19 00:03:52 PDT 2008

Dear Singers <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
I would really like the following song to be learned for Hunter’s Moon. I will offer Largess
And my personal thanks.To any person who learns it.
Thank You
Duchess Willow de Wisp

http://members.aol.com/opland2/rantinlyr.htm
http://cdbaby.com/cd/taniaopland

This song is preformed by Tania Opland on her Album “Hunter’s Moon”
Steve Hendricks Music Collection lists sheet music under the same
name, but I don’t read music. One of the sites above will allow you to listen to the tune.
The Hunt is Up
English, 16th c.
The hunt is up, the hunt is up and it is well nigh day,
And Harry, our king, is gone hunting to bring his deer to bay.

The east is bright with morning light, and darkness it is fled,
And the merry horn wakes up the morn to leave his idle bed.

Behold! The skies with golden dyes are glowing all around.
The grass is green, and so are the treen, all laughing at the sound.

The sun is glad to see us clad all in our lusty green
And smiles in the sky as he riseth high to see and to be seen.

The horses snort to be at the sport, the dogs are running free,
The woods rejoice at the merry noise of hey, tantara tee ree