[Ansteorra] wine (grape) press

Haraldr Bassi ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org
Tue Sep 9 15:15:17 PDT 2008

The law of leverage says the longer it is, the less force is required to get the same work done.
I suggest you get a length of straight grained 1 1/4" closet rod and shave it if it is too
large. If it is too loose, bind some leather or rawhide lacing around the shaft to keep it from
sliding. If the screw is inside the frame of the press, then the handle needs to be small enough
to turn inside, and I'd make the handle loose so you can slide it back and forth as needed to
get extra force.

Mike's point is valid, don't over build and break it :)

Haraldr