[Ansteorra] OT:Gas Prices going up thanks to IKE

Rachel's hallarachel at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 12:08:08 PDT 2008

I have just moved to Oklahoma and I came from Indiana.  In Indiana there were watch dog groups to report price gouging.  Calls would have to be made to the Attorney General office and he/she would collect the information.  The main issue is to pay with credit so you can prove that you have been priced gouged.  I know that when 911 hit we had gas spikes of over 1.00 per gallon.  The Attorney Generals office came out stating that anything over .30cents per gallon for market price was considered price gouging.  There was one station that went about 5.00 per gallon and any one who paid even in cash with out no proof was able to get there money back.

I believe most states have watch dog groups out there but the public is not aware of this.  I wish the best for every one in all the affective areas.

Halla