[Ansteorra] IKE

Sarah & Richard Yeager young.yeager at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 12:08:40 PDT 2008

My mom is Near Huntsville (Ravensfort) She says there are some downed trees
and the wind is howling, but nothing really bad. They are out of power and a
couple of the cell phone towers are not working. The only calls getting
through are land based, non-cordless calls. Most of the businesses etc. in
the 3 county area there are closed till tomorrow.

So I suspect we won't here from many there yet.

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM, SoldierGrrrl <soldier.grrrl at gmail.com>wrote:

> >From where I'm sitting in the JW Marriott in Houston, we have power.
> FEMA is moving to Reliant Stadium to begin relief efforts and National
> Guard troops are standing by to assist civil authorities.
>
> I would encourage everyone to sit tight, check facts and not to engage
> in speculation. Broad-based communications are sketchy, and accurate
> info is hard enough to come by that we don't need to confuse or scare
> people unecessarily.
>
> In service to the dream and the people of Texas,
> Helena Dalassene
>

> On 9/13/08, Amy Adams <irinavukoslava at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Oh,
> >
> > More information.  Unfortunately, it is bad.  Houston is totally without
> > electric except for the Medical Center.
> >
> > Galveston is underwater.
> >
> > There is severe flooding in Brazoria, Madagorda, and all of the coastal
> > counties.  Clear Lake is also flooding.
> >
> > It will be tough for the city to assess damages until the sun comes updue
> > power outages.  I will try to keep the list appraised as the day goes by,
> > unless the hospital loses power.
> >
> > Lady Irina

> --
>
> Blonde.  It's not just a hair color; it's a way of life.
>
> http://soldiergrrrl.livejournal.com/

"Lifes a journey to death that begins the day your born, so live it to the
fullest"