[Ansteorra] Defenders of the Roses

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 07:40:28 PDT 2009

We would like to express what a wonderful time we had at
the Defenders of the Roses tournament this weekend.
The weather was good, cool with just a little bit of rain
late in the afternoon on Saturday, and the site was beautiful
as always . The combined shires of Tir Medoin and
Shadowlands did their usual incredible job of working together to
host this event and make sure "behind the scenes" came off
smoothly. We take our hats off to them and know they will always
come through and never let us down

We are especially delighted with the large number of
entrants in all the competitions. There were 34 armored,
35 rapier and 30 archery competitors along with
a goodly number of entrants in the A&S competition.  The
bardic was beautiful and felt very "old school" with
everyone sitting around a bonfire (which is the way bardic
should be performed).

The competitions were beautiful and hard fought. As We are
sure the Roses do, We feel such pride in our armored, rapier,
and archery fighters and our artisans.

Feast and Court was held at the same time so the populace got
"Dinner and a Show". We hope we didn't cause too much indigestion.
Feast was very good and if you didn't get it then you truly missed
out. Especially the pork loin, which is probably the best Gunthar has ever
had. Honest.

And to the amazing, wonderful and inspiring Ladies of the Rose - you
all did a spectacular job organizing this event for the enjoyment of all.
Thank you and We love you!

Yers,

Gunthar and Elizabeth