[Ansteorra] Conflict at the Faire Thank you

Terri Hirling thirling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:33:41 PDT 2009

I would like to thank those approximately 150 hearty souls who braved the
ugly, nasty weather on Saturday to attend the 30th Anniversary of the White
Scarf.  In our estimation it was a great success for we believe a good time
was had by all.  We hope all the rapier fighters had an enjoyable day
despite the weather.  Cake and ice cream from the Roses was enjoyed by all.
This event would not have happened without the help of many hands and I'd
like to take this time to thank them:

Their Royal Majesties Gunthar Jonsson II and Elizabeth Seale for gracing the
event;

Their Excellencies of Loch Soillier, William Wescott of Welewen & Narkissa
Ekaterina Vladimirova (Katya), for joining us in hosting this event.  The
experience of sharing events with our neighbors has been rewarding.  I
especially want to thank them for the use of Their free standing list posts,
without them holding the tournaments would be exceedingly difficult;

Don Corvin Fenarro for organizing the Rapier fields and Lord Georges Le
Breton for the Chiv fields;

M'Lady Caitlin (la Bouche?), Tavern proprietress and her staff for the
hearty stews, breads and cheeses that were served for our mid day repast;

HL Anne Barrington for organizing gate and her staff for the dedication of
their time and effort;

Lady Ciarnat of Firethorn & HL Leofwine of Sumersaetum along with
Baroness Genevieve
McCullum de Caen, Lady Sarra Asshton of York, HL Iaen Mor and Mistress
Hillary Greenslade for decorating as well as set-up and take down. Sir
Godwin for transporting the "stuff";

Mistress Seraphina Maslowska for coordinating merchants: Darkwood Armory
(coming from Glenn Abhann), Bayou City Treasures and North Star Armory;

Lady Maria d'Medici for handling the "nastiest" of jobs; and

Patrick of Gate's Edge and Daniel O'Niallagain for their enthusiasm with
fighter and patron support.

We owe hugh debt of gratitude and praise to the "brute squad" who
loosed numerous carts from the mire: Orazio de Assisi, Lord Stephen Crowley,
Don Charles E’Alsale, Lady   Vyolante de Uporto, Amy Lee of
Ravensfort, Lenoine de Gascony, Conn MacFarlane, Lord Madog of
Glastonbury, Don Tristan von Heidelberg, Lord Bastian Eisengart, and
especially Don Robert McPharlan who pulled HE Ihon out of a very deep hole
:-) (Deeper even than his mouth usually gets him).

Last, and of course not least, to my co-event steward, HL Cristyana
Lambrecht for her help in organizing this wonderful event and remembering
things that I would forget.

If you should be listed among these thank yous and I missed mentioning you,
know you are appreciated and chalk it up to my rain soaked brain.

Warm regards,

Baroness Isabeau Quiquandon, OL
Co-Event Steward of Conflict at the Faire
(formerly Co-Event Steward of Kingdom Rainlord – Oh my!  Was it me?)