[Ansteorra] Google Books Settlement

chuck.graves at faa.gov chuck.graves at faa.gov
Wed Apr 22 14:40:07 PDT 2009

Thanks...I'd have never heard about it...but mine's in there.

Regards,
Tadhg
...brick by brick

"lambdakennels1 at juno.com" <lambdakennels1 at juno.com>
Sent by: ansteorra-bounces+chuck.graves=faa.gov at lists.ansteorra.org
04/22/2009 02:18 PM
Please respond to
"Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>

ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
cc

Subject
[Ansteorra] Google Books Settlement

I am posting this here because many of us have advanced degrees and/or
write for publication. Google decided to scan all the books in the world
and make them available to everyone.  They forgot about copywrite laws,
however.  A group of writers sued, and now there is a settlement.  If you
have a master's thesis, dissertation, or book, it is probably included. Go
to www.googlebooksettlement.com and see.  My master's thesis and
dissertation were listed, so I registered. Not only is this settlement
going to provide a small payment to those whose books were used without
permission, it will set up a copywrite database where you can license
those rights more easily.  Of course, the cash available is after the
lawyers take their share off the top, then divided by the number of works
registered, so you won't be able to live it up with your share, but
something is better than nothing.
Permission is granted to cross post to other lists.
Lady Stephanie Lilburn