[Ansteorra] Foot Combat at Lysts. Part deaux!

Eric Brown caladin at io.com
Wed Apr 22 20:13:24 PDT 2009

Just a reminder to those who are fighting in the foot (heavy) combat at
Lysts.

The second phase is a Great weapons melee.

You'll need to bring a singe great weapon around 6 feet in length (6.5'
or less )
or a singe weapon, or a single weapon and buckler (for folks who don't
have gauntlets)

You'll also need lots of small ransoms. it's basically a melee where you
can be captured fairly easily
and if captured need a ransom to rejoin the fight.

Ransoms can be anything from a bottle of beer (hint hint) to a poem
written for their lady or a song sung etc.
it's also a great chance to get rid of all those little bits of this and
that we pick up at tourneys that don't really
fit our personas anymore....

It's a little more complex than that, and it should be a lot of fun, in
fact one of the rules is we can change the rules at any time to
make it more fun!

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Caladin-