[Ansteorra] Wood? Anyone need some?

Haraldr Bassi ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org
Thu Apr 9 10:56:01 PDT 2009

In addition to location, can you say how long ago the tree was taken down and what general size
are the pieces that are available?

Unfortunately I am not yet familiar with the southern tree varieties. Still looking for fresh
cut sources for an equivalent to maple or black walnut for use with a foot powered spring pole
lathe.

I think I am willing to pay shipping for a fresh cut log of straight grain decent hardwood in a
7' section and about 10-12" diameter that didn't come from a tree trashed by wind.

If anyone has something like that, apply a couple coats of latex paint on the cut ends or
submerge it in a stream or something and drop me a note so we can discuss details of getting it.
If anyone knows of a source for that type of wood, please let me know.

Only one of my projects requires a 7' piece, the rest would work from a 1.5-3' lengths.

Thanks,
Haraldr Bassi, Bjornsborg