[Ansteorra] thick rattan

jareuter1066 at sbcglobal.net jareuter1066 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 11 01:35:47 PDT 2009

Jovian,
     I surely hope that you do not plan to shave that down to width. If you do PLEASE role the edges if you do. My first visit to Pensic ended up with a broken arm on a monday morning Drachenvald prize tourney back in 93'. A Locack squire with ( and I quote Sir Fin Kelly; two curved swords that looked like 2 x 4's in basket hilts ) we faught and after not being able to realy get a clean shot in on each other we set each other up for the obvious opening and he broke my right arm just behind the wrist. I had hardened saddle skirting vams with steal reiforcing them. Needless to say the Marshalet court said his weapons were not legal and they should not have been used. The squire had to roll the edges on the 3 inch rattan that he shaved down. Sooooo please for pitty sake be kind to your fellow fighters if you shave them down!

Spent the rest of Pensic water bearing and watching some one fight with my armor all week with my arm in a cast.

Have a good one..........every one!

Baron Brian du Val

Raven's Fort

 .org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org