[Ansteorra] Puppets in Period

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 14 15:06:13 PDT 2009

Rachel asked:

> I was wondering if anyone has information regarding puppets in
> period: what
> kinds of puppets were used, how to make them, sample shows, or other
> introduction-like stuff (yes, that's a technical term).

This file in the PERFORMANCE-ARTS section of the Florilegium is the
main collected area of information I have on period puppets:

puppets-msg       (18K) 10/31/97    Medieval puppets.

You can find brief mentions of them in other files such as this one
in the CHILDREN section:

Toys-in-th-MA-art (26K)  8/30/99    "Toys in the Middle Ages" By Lady
Margritte
                                        of Ravenscroft.

The easiest way to find the bits scattered in the other files is to
feed "puppet" into the search engine available on the top page of the
site.

Of course if anyone has written any articles on this subject for
their local newsletters or elsewhere, I'd love to consider adding
them to the Florilegium.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas