[Ansteorra] question

Obelisk Herald obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Fri Apr 24 07:48:01 PDT 2009

I have received several emails asking for more details about the Ansteorran
Gazette, so I thought I would send this particular reply to the list.

The Ansteorran Gazette is the newsletter for the College of Heralds.  It
contains announcements about offices, a letter each month from Star
Principal Herald, the ILoI (Internal Letter of Intent), the AICC (Annotated
Internal Collated Commentary) most months it also has the LoAR (Letter of
Acceptance and Returns) from the Society level...this is the list of what
has been registered and what has been returned to the different kingdoms.
Occasionally it contains articles written by one of the heralds.
All of these reports are available on the CoH website as individual
documents, the Gazette is a way of making this information available in one
easy newsletter.  By the way, the Gazette is also available on the CoH
website as well.  Anyone can go to the website and browse these articles and
publications, not just herald type peoples.  All anyone needs is the Adobe
program to open the .pdf files.  In fact, that is exactly how I learned as a
new herald (and even before I became a herald), I browsed through these
articles and read as much as I could.  This is a wonderful non pressured way
to educate yourself on the heraldic aspect of names and armory.
The Gazette is published once a month at the end of each month by the
Obelisk Herald and all submissions are due to Obelisk by the 25th of each
month in order for it to be included in the current newsletter.  Naturally,
sometimes real life slows us all down and we can get a bit behind but we all
work very hard to stay within our stated guidelines and dates.

I hope this answers your questions and if you would like to subscribe to the
Gazette, it is free to anyone who wants to receive it in their inbox each
month.  It is also available for 3$ a month to anyone wishing a hard copy be
mailed to their home.  The fee covers postage and handling, paper and
printing costs.

--
I remain...In service,
Hedwig von Luneborg, Obelisk Herald