[Ansteorra] Sable Talons

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Sun Aug 2 08:04:45 PDT 2009

Heilsa,

Web site:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/A_constitutions.pdf

Award of the Sable Talon of Ansteorra
A. Establishment of the Award
a. There shall exist in Ansteorra an award which shall be given by the
Crown unto
such persons who have striven greatly to further their skill levels and
capabilities
in any recognized marshallate activity, who have positively influenced
the skills
and capabilities of others in these fields, and who lead by example when
on and
off the field of endeavor. This award shall be known as the Award of the
Sable
Talon of Ansteorra, hereinafter referred to as the Award.
b. Holders of the Award shall be entitled to be styled and announced in
procession
as "Holder of the Sable Talon for [marshallate field]." The Award may be
given to
an individual more than once, but only once for a particular marshallate
field.

B. Arms and Precedence
a. The Award shall carry with it, at the pleasure of the Crown, an Award
of Arms.
Holders of the Award shall take precedence after Holders of the King's
Gauntlet
and Queen's Glove of Ansteorra and before the companions of the various
baronial orders. The Awards of the Sable Thistle, Sable Crane, and Sable
Talon
of Ansteorra are held to be of equal precedence.
b. If the Award is given to a person who is already higher in precedence
than stated
above, then his or her precedence shall remain unchanged.
c. If the Award is given to a person who does not already hold equal or
higher
precedence, then his or her precedence shall date from his or her
acceptance of
the Award.

C. Bestowal of the Award
a. The Award shall be given at the discretion of the Crown.
b. The selection of a holder of the Award shall be announced publicly by
the Crown
or their representative in open court.

D. Holders of the Award
a. The number of holders of the Award shall not be limited.
b. Holders of the Award shall retain their award despite any change of
residence.

E. Insignia
a. The badge of the Award shall be (Fieldless) An eagle's leg erased, à
la quise
sable.
b. Holders of the Award shall be entitled to wear a medallion or pin
depicting the
badge of the Award.

F. Supersedence and Inclusion of Award of the Optio of Legio Ansteorrae
a. This award supersedes and replaces the previously closed "Award of
the Optio of
Legio Ansteorrae" (hereinafter referred to as the Optio) created by edict of
Quintus Aurelius Dracontius and Sibri de Aldebourne in XXXIX (2004).
b. All holders of the Optio prior to its closing are accounted as
holders of this Award
in the field of chivalric combat with precedence and entries in the roll of
precedence dating to the awarding of their Optio.

G. Creation and Revisions
a. Created by Ulsted the Unsteady and Cateau d'Ardennes, XXXIX (2005).
b. Revised by Aaron MacGregor and Britta MacGregor, August XXXXI (2006).

Michael Kettering
Sable Talon for Combat Archery
----2nd gentle to received this award if memory serves me correctly
Combat Archer