[Ansteorra] Glaslyn Artisan & a class

Deana Covel Whitney dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 17:29:09 PDT 2009

Greetings Everyone,

Glaslyn Artisan is this weekend. It is an off calender event.
Check out the website for more information:
http://www.glaslyn.org/artisan.php

First I want to encourage artisans who were inspired by Steppes Artisan last weekend to come out and display at Glaslyn.  The Canton is choosing their Defender (judged) & their Keeper (popular vote by the men). It is a body of work with a limit of 5 items and documentation is required.
There is also a novice competition for arts learned in the last year, documentation optional.  The event is a much smaller place to display than Steppes Artisan, but can be lots of fun.

Second, I will be teaching "Brocade: A Different Approach." This class teaches a different method of brocade weaving than normally found in books. Students should bring a loom pre-warped with 11 cards in one color of thread.  I will also have a practice loom for students to share if they don't have a loom.

If you have questions about the class, please email me.

There will be several other classes ranging from Cooking, SCA arrow making, and metal pierce work.

In Service,
Hanna von Dahl, OL
CR MoAS

"Burn brightly without burning out." - Richard Briggs