[Ansteorra] metal lamellar scales WTB

John iaenmor at swbell.net
Wed Aug 26 20:51:04 PDT 2009

It really depends on which plates you use and your body size.  Smaller
plates like the Wisby ones will need more to complete the look.  Master
Andrixos's are larger and based on those found in the Steppes region of
Asia.  Possibly a copy of the Birka plates.

http://ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk/uk0017.html  has a pretty good
description of the sizing and how to put together a set.  Check online
for some of the Russian reenactors websites for some really good looks
that will fit for the 1100's to the 1300's.  Current scholars are
suggesting that both sets of plates come from somewhere in Asia and
worked there way up North.

Iaen