[Ansteorra] Fw: War Foods

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Thu Aug 27 18:41:02 PDT 2009

Attention those attending Diamond Wars 24: Altan Orda, the Golden Camp: behold the epicurean delights which await you:

Thursday night Traveler's Fare
Penne pasta with meat sauce
Penne pasta with marinara sauce

Friday breakfast
Pancakes
Breakfast meat

Friday lunch
Baked potatoes and fixin's
Chili
Vegetarian chili

Friday dinner
TBA - based on results of cooking classes
(We will have 15 bean soup and chicken soup with bread if we need to supplement)

Saturday breakfast
Oatmeal
Homemade applesauce
Breakfast meat

Saturday lunch
Fried rice - with and without chicken

Saturday night
Above the Salt Feast
Greek course
Onion, garlic, and parsley flatbread
Tzatziki sauce
Hummus
Feta cheese

Turkish course
Lamb with Beef Kafta
Cevizli Patlican (Baked Eggplant with Garlic Parsley Pesto sauce)
Kayisili Kuskus (Apricot couscous with almonds and pistachios)

Polish course
Zunczak Pieczony z Suszonymi Sliwkami (Baked chicken with prunes and vegtables in a red wine sauce)
Zielony Sos z Musztarda (Green mustard sauce)
Rye Bread
herbed Polish cheese OR herbed butter - TBA

Mongolian course
Zuivan (Mongolian beef stir fry with noodles)
Khuushuur (Fried dumplings with goat filling)
Buuz (Steamed dumplings with goat filling)
Suutei Tsai (salted milk tea)

Dessert table
Polish yogurt cheesecake with orange sauce (limited servings sugar free when orange sauce is omitted)
Date rolls
Savory cheese rolls
Almond paste rolls
Boortsog (fried Mongolian butter cookies)

Below the Salt Feast
Meat
Cheese
Bread