[Ansteorra] going to War list

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sat Dec 26 14:20:40 PST 2009

going to war list
Tent
this can be a problem but there are some ways out of it.
ask about borrowing a  tent from the people in your group. Your will be surprised at how many people have old tents. Tents wear out easily. They get  holes and leak . You can fix that with a plastic tarp. Zippers won't close a pain but you can figure something out. Lost or broken poles,you can use PVC pipe or you will be surprised how many people have kept old pole.
I used to buy expensive tent on the belief that they would last longer.That wasn't true so now I buy the best deal. I have found great deals at Walmart and some great deals on  ebay.
Do check Craigelist and their Free area. I have seen tents there
If you are in for an adventure you could find two trees and throw a tarp over it. The problem with this is trees are not always handy. If you have some skill with wood make a viking tent base and through your tarp over it. You don't have to carve it but leave those places blank so you can carve it latter. If you use colored canvas it looks great. the Norse put their sails over the rack to make a tent.
The problem with this and most period tents is no floor and it rains a lot. If you don't want to wear wet clothes you should pack in those plastic tubs.
So Now we have three things on list
Tent. Tarp, tubs.
If you don't mind red and green tubs Walmart has them right now on sale. That is Dec26. they are counted as Christmas items
willow