[Ansteorra] tent set up for the war

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun Dec 27 17:58:01 PST 2009

tents.
In the pass I always got one big tent and put my children and me and my husband all together. Last time I went the Warriors Glen put up one for sleeping and another for stuff. I realize this was great. when it was great I let the kids play house under all my dresses. I think they had a great time' At least there was a lot of laughter coming from there. When it got quiet I found them asleep like a bunch of kittens on my furs and good dresses. It was so cute. No harm done they were very careful.
I know that space is a premium at the War but if you put up your tents facing each other and then up a water tight shade pavilion over your two tent's doors you can more living space. This is very important when you bring children. The shade pavilion links the two tents and younger children seem to feel safe and you can get some privacy.
Older children need their own space. and they like to do D&D or other games and quite a number of mundane things. I would used my Wall hangings to create a special place for my sons where they could play on the pillows and rugs and bring others. I would sit where I come see them but not where they noticed too much.
I have found tents with a screen room to be a waste of space. The floor is always wet because the rain blows in. You do better with a smaller tent and a sun shade over the front part of your tent. This gives you protection from the sun and rain and give you your space.
I am looking for good places to get tents. If anyone finds one please pass it on.
willow