[Ansteorra] More Tent observations.

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun Dec 27 20:29:55 PST 2009

Tents
I wanted to add to you people with children. Sometimes you will see children "Play tents" and they are neat. They look like great SCA period tents. They have two problems; First no floor and there is nothing sadder than a cold and wet child at an event. The Second problem is they are not meant to handle high winds.They blow away usually leaving the child behind because they have no floors.
If you have started looking for tents you have noticed that most of them don't look period at all. Please don't worried yourself about that. Most of the tents at the War will not be period. It is wonderful when people bring them and make the camp better. You can show your appreciation for their effort. The rest of us poor people and old people and people with children just have to do the best we can do.
We are suppose to present our research. Our tent-site and our clothing and what we hold in our hands are the most obvious things to present our research , we can do many things to show aspects of the middle ages. Most important we need people to feel the Kingdom in our campsite. That can be achieve with a lot of little things. Also please remember that our research is personal. We each go at our own pace.
And that my friends is another note.