[Ansteorra] tent set up for the war

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 27 20:46:32 PST 2009

On Dec 27, 2009, at 10:31 PM, willowdewisp at juno.com wrote:

> thank you Stefen I knew I could count on you.
> do you a section on decorating a mundane tent?
> willow

Lol. Your second message was making me wonder whether I should post
about that or whether folks were already tired of me posting such
links. But since you made the request...

tent-dsguises-msg (23K)  8/16/05  Ideas for disguising modern tents.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DWELLINGS/tent-dsguises-msg.html

And here is a period engraving of a tent that looks a lot like a
modern dome tent:
dometents-pic      (3K)  9/21/94    German Landsknecht camp, painted
1500-1550. featuring dome tents.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DWELLINGS/dometents-pic.rtf

And for those wondering about what type of tent to get for SCA use:
Select-a-Tent-art (20K) 10/31/09  "Selecting A Tent For SCA Camping"
by Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DWELLINGS/Select-a-Tent-art.html

tents-weather-msg (19K)  3/28/01  Various tent styles in bad weather.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DWELLINGS/tents-weather-msg.html

(I don't remember if any of these reports were from Steppes Warlord(s)
or just milder weather events...You know, the ones with just tornadoes
or hurricanes)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com