[Ansteorra] What others suggest about clothes at war

Robert G. Ferrell rgferrell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:52:40 PST 2009

> No matter what you do, don't try to break in new shoes at War! You will be doing more walking than you ever thought you could. Period footwear is not as important as your feet.  You will see a lot of people in tennis shoes so no one will think it's strange. Wear what's comfortable!

I can't in good conscience recommend tennis shoes, but as a veteran of
15 Pennsics I can promise you that comfortable, durable shoes are an
absolute must.  Fortunately, there's a lot more period-esque footwear
available now that fulfills both requirements.

Remember: blisters do not for an ideal war experience make.  I three
days of one Pennsic in camp, literally unable to walk.

Cynric