[Ansteorra] 2009 Corpora and offical statement

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Mon Dec 28 20:18:26 PST 2009

Your Grace,

Regarding the first part of your question, a quick web search took me to
wikipedia, which tells me that:

A public-benefit nonprofit corporation is a type of nonprofit
corporation chartered by a state government. Public-benefit nonprofit
corporations are distinct in the law from mutual-benefit nonprofit
corporations in that they are organized for the general public benefit,
rather than for the interest of its members. They are also distinct in
the law from religious corporations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_benefit_nonprofit_corporation

Basically it says we are a) focused on benefiting the general public,
and b) not a religious organization

Regarding the second part of your question, there's no quick answer to
be found via a web search, so here's my personal take on what a "living
research" group is:

We learn by immersing ourselves in the culture... part of our research
includes dressing up in funny clothes and engaging in the activities we
are learning about...

Hope that helps.

Your friend,

Duncan

p.s. Best wishes on a speedy recovery from your upcoming surgery

--

Duncan Hepburn
Melior Quam Nonnullum