[Ansteorra] SCA Member Lost to Fire

Jena Kirby lamiablk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 09:12:49 PST 2009

Ni Hao

This weekend a fire in Abilene took the life of Michele Edwards, wife of Ed Edwards. One of their sons is now in Lubbock undergoing treatment for severe burns (70-90% of his body).

For those who don't know, I started my SCA life in the former shire of Mendersham. Ed and Michele, long time members of that shire, were a big part of what kept me coming back. They gave unstintingly of their time and opened their home to the shire for any reason and at any time. They were not able to play in recent years, but I know there are many who will share in my pain at the loss of such a wonderful woman and mother. My heart goes out to Ed and the children.

More information can be found here: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/feb/01/woman-killed-cedar-street-fire/

With a heavy heart

Li Xiao Wuya
Baroness of Bonwicke

 "If Americans believed in political correctness, we'd still be King George's boys --
subjects bound to the British crown." Charleton Heston