[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6

Chelsea Durham baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 06:02:48 PST 2009

My lady, The weather was cold, and the wind cut through us ruthlessly. Many were huddled together for consolation. Some that usually fight weren't fighting, myself among them. I believe that practice went on as long as it could, and we all gathered together at a favourite "watering hole." Some arrived early to escape the cold and wind. Some arrived later. All drank to his honour, courage, nobility, and wonder as a father and husband. We shed tears. He may be gone, but he will not be forgotten. We pray (to whatever deity) for your comfort and strength, and the comfort and strength for the rest of his family. We love you all dearly. -Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel
Son, I never knew there was part of me missing until you were born.   > Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:56:03 -0600> From: mea.passavanti at gmail.com> To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6> > Please... don't shorten the practice...> > Instead fight with your heart and your honor. Enjoy this as he did - please.> Nothing could please him more.> > ~Mea> > > ~~~> > > With the loss of a dear member of our community, folks will need to find> consolation in different ways-> > It has been suggested that we forgo field practice and just meet,> > It is understandable that some will find it difficult to fence, but still> need our support and we should definitely meet for that...> > Just the same some of us will find consolation in the act of fencing itself-> our dear friend shared with us an avid love for what we do...> > I think that it would be respectful to his memory to do either, although I> feel he would have us do both...> > Vy has suggested both... a shortened practice followed with get together...> this sounds right to me-- However I am open to our views and would like to> hear from our fencers.> > I'm posting from work and won't be able to read the list, 'til I get home.> > I don't take calls at work except for emergencies, but my phone is now on> silent and I can take voicemails if you need to leave one.  Otherwise post> and I'll read @ 6:00-6:30> > In Service> uillecc> _______________________________________________> Ansteorra mailing list> Ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org