[Ansteorra] Should I even bother with Gulf Wars?

hillaryrg at yahoo.com hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 17:11:09 PST 2009

Greetings,
While some maybe reluctant to provide a ride to Gulf Wars for someone they don't know, I wanted to let all know that I can vouch for milady Giertrud Gyldenstierne of Gleann Ahbann.  Giertrud is a fine young lady, and will be an easy passenger, with little gear to transport (I believe she said she only had one bag of garb, and perhaps a scribe box), as she is residing in the motel near site.

She spent most of her time last year at Scribes Point, and we scribes got to know her well.  I also took her home from war last year, as it was on my way (I-10) back to Houston, else she would have had to again take a very long, late bus home.

It's difficult for Giertrud to get a ride from Gleann Ahbann, as her branch is on the far southwestern border, near to Bordermarch, so those traveling through Houston along I-10 would be able to collect her.  She lives very nearly off a main freeway (I think it was I-10).

I'd be more than happy to have picked her up again this year, but I already have a rider and space is already maxed; and I have to be on site early this year to run Scribes Point.

So, if you find you have room and are available on the dates Giertrud is looking for, to take her to/from the Gulf War event, your service will be most appreciated.

Regards, Mistress Hillary Greenslade
Scribes Point Coordinator GW18