[Ansteorra] Kingdom A&S and small artifacts display

donhalter donhalter at consolidated.net
Tue Feb 10 10:59:30 PST 2009

Greetings to all!
I recently got off my duff and cleaned/stabilized a dozen or so of my artifacts in my collection. These are mostly knives (small seaxes) from 2nd-10th century, a few axe heads and a large wood working chisel/splitter.

Several of these are of composite construction (ie...bloom iron spines with higher carbon blade edges) with the composition easily visible. One is a roman folding knife blade, still with some of the silver inlay in-tact.

I will have these on display for viewing and handling at Kingdom A&S this Saturday. Anyone interested in Roman and Migration era knives and knifemaking should come on out and stop by. I'll also be handing out free passes to any one who wants one for the Central TX Knife Show coming up in Roundrock, TX March 13-14th.

Thanks,
Krag