[Ansteorra] waterbearing in the past

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sat Feb 14 20:47:07 PST 2009

In the days before official water bearing the Ladies of Ansteorra thought it was part of their duties to provide water to people.
This goes back to the lady knowing basic first aid and making the simple medicines used in the manor.
In those days we would get together and bring water and other things and put them on tables at our pavilions. I remember a young Lady we called "Baby Dragon" she used to bring damp clothes and always looked so elegant when she took water to the field.
In those days the Clan Caldal ladies were very active in providing water. We found it to be a nice way to present our personas as Ladies. As Queen and then as the first Duchess of the royal family I arranged for things to take care of fighters because that was what Ladies of rank did. If it was a Kingdom event it was the duty of the Queen to see to the arrangement. This meant she put a Lady of the Royal family in charge and went on her on way. If the event was in a Barony or under a Barony then the Baroness handled the arrangements.
Duchess Willow de Wisp