[Ansteorra] Water Bearing at GW and in general

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Fri Feb 20 14:16:42 PST 2009

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovvek wrote:
> So, if the offices of the Society aren't going to organize
> waterbearing, how will we maintain an organized level of bearing the
> water and not fall back into catch-as-catch-can?
The same way we do feasts. The SCA does not do feasts. Autocrats ask
individuals to arrange feasts. They are not required, they are volunteer
and individually organized. They are not organized by The SCA and  so
they are not regulated at mundane levels. So, The SCA will not be liable
for meeting and paying for the costs of mundane regulation.

It will now work the same for waterbearing. That does not mean
individuals cannot train other individuals in good practices nor set up
water stations or carry water to people. But The SCA will not organize
it so it will not be mundanely regulated. That way The SCA will not be
liable for meeting and paying for the costs of mundane regulation.

It will still happen. People still feed each other, people will still
water each other. Kinda like plants and fertilizer.

I hope that helps.

Claire