[Ansteorra] Posting in persona [the Tavern thread]

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:02:42 PST 2009

2009/2/27 Sandra Geil <alexsandraeryn at yahoo.com>:

> Demoiselle Alys
>
> Vous avez escreve tres bien et aussi tres vraiment.
>
> Moi aussi, je faites beacoup de fautes orthographic et avec du grammaire.
>
> al AERYN
>
> In any case my persona [Fothannon al AERYN] --though educated to speak Scots, English and French -- grew up speaking Arabic and I don't even want to think about posting to the list in that particular alphabet.

I have the unfortunate disadvantage that while my persona is a native
Greek speaker (and likely fluent in Armenian, Arabic, and others--some
form of Turkish is a strong possibility), I am not.  "Frankish"
languages all sound like barbarous babble to him on those rare
occasions when he has to put up with them.  Even from Latin, all he
knows are those loan words adopted by medieval Greek for military
purposes.

Ioannes Dalassenos
--Vita Aureliani