[Ansteorra] Garb for War

Carla Privette auntiecarlap at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 19:36:49 PST 2009

>From wince do you reside my Lord.
Lady Clara Marschall

--- On Tue, 2/3/09, Kris <gorawen at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Kris <gorawen at hotmail.com>
Subject: [Ansteorra] Garb for War
To: Ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 7:42 PM

I am having an issue. I have a newbie I am trying to prepare for a week of war.
I however have no sewing skills. I have a ton of other skills but not sewing.
Not to the degree I would like. Is there anyone in Ansteorra that would be
willing to make him some basic garb, that would look decent, on commission. I
would pay over the course of the next few weeks but the garb would need to be
made soon. I was thinking viking for him as he is a rather dashing young man
with lots of hair. Nearby would be helpful and I would pay for materials and an
hourly rate, but coming up with upfront cash to do this is difficult as we are
both students. I would like to pay someone 50 dollars a week for 2
horseman's tunics with trim (cut both on sides and back and front), blacks
and deep, reds, and a circle cloak with hood, and some pants. As well as a long
jacket open front which I can provide pictures for reference. Also any good
ideas on period looking boots any of you guys out there? If you are
  interested in helping me to garb him would be appreciated...I would pay
upfront for materials as well...

Lady Gorawyn