[Ansteorra] transparency (was: Sad Kingdom Law Change)

Coblaith Muimnech Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 15 12:32:23 PST 2009

Regarding the recent announcement about ". . .the change at the Society
level to remove reference to the office of Waterbearer," Xene wrote:

> . . .there are some who might want to know and understand the
> decision-making process behind those who sometimes seemingly make
> decisions arbitrarily. I was attempting to open discussion and foster
> a transparency in the governance of the SCA that has been quite
> lacking of late.

> . . .Less Bureaucracy is a *good thing*. . .. However, handing down a
> policy change in any organization is best done with addressing
> questions about the change at the same time, or even prior to the
> implementation of said change.

What do you find lacking in the public announcement and request for
comments the board made in June of last year
<http://lists.ansteorra.org/htdig.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2008-
June/061382.html> and the equally-broadly-distributed post answering
questions generated in response to that announcement that went out
shortly after
<http://lists.ansteorra.org/htdig.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2008-
June/061470.html>?

Anyone who (1) receives board announcements by subscription
<http://lists.sca.org/listinfo/announcements>, (2) reads the board
announcements website <http://sca.org/BOD/announcements/>, or (3)
subscribes to any e-mail list to which announcements from the board are
routinely forwarded (such as this one) had months to ask questions or
express opinions before any changes were made.  Anyone who doesn't is,
presumably, not that interested.  (I mean, it's not exactly hard.)

Coblaith Muimnech
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>